Staircase contractor for made to measure staircases in Notting Hill, London
When it comes to premium staircases and bespoke staircase design in Notting Hill, Maida Vale, Kensington, Paddington, Shepherd’s Bush and the nearby areas of London, look no further than DDC London. We offer premium, cost-effective, made to measure staircases to residential and commercial customers throughout the local areas. We truly understand the power that staircases have over design, which is why this is the focus of our work. Architects may know how to look at the space within a property as a whole, but staircase specialists can really harness the power of a staircase to completely transform the interior (or exterior) of any property.
We are a small team of staircase architects who aim to offer a comprehensive end-to-end service. From the initial planning and ideas stage through to installation and beyond, we are here to guide you through the process. We also offer architectural and build services, so if you need help with a design and build project, you can call on us.
Staircase design & build company in Notting Hill
When it comes to the right staircase for any property, we design beautiful, functional and space-enhancing stairs with our clients’ requirements and budget in mind. In the majority of our work, we start with one of our standard staircase models – A, B or C and then customise these to our clients’ requirements, including colour and material choice and additional details such as balustrades and handrails. Our designs can be adapted around any style of property – just take a look at some of our recent work for inspiration.
We take on projects of every kind, including:
- Residential staircases
- Commercial staircases
- Internal staircases
- External staircases
- Replacement staircases
- Made to measure stairs
- Luxury staircases
- Feature staircases
- Designer stairs
Our staircase company is proud of its reputation for excellence. Whether you want a single staircase upgraded for more light and space, or you are working on a bigger project that may require the design and fit of a number of staircases, we are the team to call.
Interested in designer stairs for your property? Call us now on 020 8004 9635.
Staircase designs available in Notting Hill
Here at DDC London, we can design and install a vast range of staircase designs. These can be adapted from our main luxury staircase models and adapted to your needs, or can be designed from scratch.
Staircase designs we work with include:
- Glass staircases: If you have a smaller space, a glass staircase will give the illusion of more room because light can flow through. Our glass staircase designs are refined, elegant, and flexible, so they can be designed around your requirements. We can also install oak and glass staircases, that create a modern ambiance and add texture.
- Helical staircases: Sometimes called curved staircases or circular stairs, these stairs can take you from one floor to another in a flowing circular rotation. They are suitable for residential and commercial staircases and are often an architectural focal point.
- Spiral staircases: Space is often one of the reasons people choose a spiral staircase. They not only save space but can also make a bold design statement and make a lovely feature in houses and commercial buildings.
- Metal staircases: Metal or steel staircases can be constructed in different shapes and sizes and offer a unique and bold aesthetic.
- Cantilever staircases: These are stairs where the tread is fixed at one end, so it appears as a floating staircase. These stairs are available in a wide choice of options and in different materials, colours, and styles, to suit your property. They are also easy to install and can be combined seamlessly with an existing design.
Professional staircase design near Maida Vale
Stairs have so many functions. In many ways they are like a bridge enabling people to go from one place to another, connecting levels of a property seamlessly. They are vital to a building’s structure and their design will have a huge impact on the ‘feeling’ of a space. Staircases are made up of different elements and each component must be considered, including the treads, balustrades, integrated lighting, and other features.
We start the staircase design process by looking at the space available and discussing your style preferences and budget. We can then use specialised 3D rendering software, which allows you to see exactly what your stairs may look like and offers a better picture than 2D drawings. We use a choice of pre-designed staircases that can then be customised to your needs, with handrail, glass, timber balustrades and colours. If you want a completely unique model, we also design premium and luxury staircases from scratch. We can then create a bespoke quotation for your staircase. Our standard staircase models start from around £9000.
W11 glass staircase design
One popular material for staircases is glass. If you are working with a smaller space, glass staircases allow light to flow through them, so allow for a lighter, brighter and more welcoming space. These stairs also offer excellent flexibility in design and can be customised easily.
Many people think that glass is less robust than timber but this is not the case. There are many regulations around glass staircases and our designs always meet these.